Monday, December 29, 2008

If the fates allow...


This is Christmas Eve dinner at the Phillips’ house…I love looking at Adam’s face in this picture…he's such a hoot!!! I was lucky enough to have my mother come out this year as well…we also sang in the Kemmerer Community Christmas Choir, again, this year and at the end of each performance we sang Have yourself a Merry Christmas as our farewell song...one of the lines struck me as very touching this year...Faithful friends who are dear to us gather near to us once more. Through the years we all will be together...If the Fates allow...I felt very blessed to have so many loved ones around during this most exciting of Christmas seasons. I hope next year the fates will allow both my parents, brother, grandmother, Annie & Bryan (and the girls) and George & Joan to be around, too!!!


After dinner we were all full and felt the tug of tightness around our wastes from our unforgiving pants…so, we politely asked Jim and Julie for our much anticipated matching pajama pants…here are the guys hamming it up in their Comic book pants…


the girls got Tinker Bell pants this year with the moms in black and multi colored stars…


Carli got a wii (amongst other things as Carli must have been a VERY good girl this year) and Rock Band I & II…and so the obsession began…here are Carli, Adam and Eric at the beginning of the day…


Here’s Eric looking like a Rock Stud!!!! You can see Jim wearing the Wyoming shirt we got for everyone in the family...

Eight hours later, Adam, Carli & Geoff were still playing…we were all impressed/horrified at their diligence! Later, when my mom and I were shopping at a store, she shuddered when she heard one of the Rock Band songs being played… “oh no…not again!,” was her only comment!!!


Eric surprised me with a flat screen TV for Christmas…I really wasn’t expecting anything…I THOUGHT we had agreed to just relax this Christmas in preparation for the baby! Well, I stuck to my part of the deal! OOPS!!!

2 comments:

stina said...

You look great. I wish I could've seen you at Thanksgiving. Glad to hear you're doing well. It looks like WY is turning out to be a pretty fun place, after all (fun friends and family really make the difference!)

Annie said...

Looks like a great time. So sad to have missed it.