Tuesday, December 2, 2008

BOYS vs GIRLS


I admit, I, along with virtually all of the 12 year-olds in America have fallen prey to the Twilight saga. So, when I told Eric that I was going to stand in line in Evanston for tickets, he scoffed. He retold a sad story of how when Star Wars came out, they dropped Jared (his cousin) off at the theater and left him for over an hour to wait in line while they got food…so, an hour passes and they return to find a lonesome Jared still standing all by himself. Eric insisted that there would not even be a line and that I may know about big cities, but he knew Evanston…how he foolishly underestimates the hysteria women can create!!



So, here is a picture (for proof) of the line that formed to get Twilight tickets (even in little Evanston)…within the first 15 minutes the first two shows were already sold out…so, this just proves that there is no force to be reconciled with when it comes to the hormones of young pre-pubescent girls (and slightly older young women). Geeks, boys and Star Wars fans included…

3 comments:

Jill said...

So, did you like the movie? (I haven't even read the books yet.)

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

I thought the movie was ok...I wasn't disappointed like so many other fans were...mostly because I had expected it to be a mediocre attempt at recreating a fantasy that's so unique and individual, no one could possibly do it successfully. So, I was pleasantly surprised with the movie for the most part.

Jen said...

Despite some of the movie flaws... it was fun to be part of the hysteria. I have to say that our entire theater was screaming about every 5 min (no exaggeration). Totally made the movie experience for me. Glad you had fun too. Brandon scoffed as well. I'm glad that we made it a girls night so I could enjoy the mush without worrying about how he was liking it. Ready for round 2?