Friday, December 19, 2008

SLC Shower


Here are pictures from my Baby shower in SLC…Here is the gorgeous cake Jody and Julie made me. I LOVE IT!!!


Here’s a close-up of the Max and the Wild Things ornament they put on the cake!!! Not only did they spend hours on this cake, they drove in the CRAZIEST of weather, made TONS of the best food, desserts/posters (even though some mysteriously didn’t make an appearance at the shower even though they were ridiculously adorable and yummy) and are just absolutely the most wonderful-est family!!! Thanks, Julie, Jody and Carli!!!


Here’s a picture with me and Meradith. Thank you Meradith & Linda for planning and hosting the wonderful shower!! Am I really THAT fat?

This is my friend from college, Cathy and her daughter Devin…I can’t believe I used to baby sit Devin…we would sit around eating Astro Pops together. The cutest story about Devin…we were watching a movie and she said she wanted to give me a kiss. “Sure,” I replied and I turned my cheek to face her…”No,” she said sternly and put both of her chubby three-year-old hands on either side of my face and said, “I want to give you a ‘married’ kiss.” I was a little nervous…what did she mean by that…well, she put her little lips on mine and tilted her head left and right, left and right and triumphantly said, “There,…married kiss.” Oh, the things kids say and do…I have to admit, I’m a little excited to start having my own stories with my kids…


Julie and Jenna…is she not the cutest drool-y thing EVER?!?! And Jenna is so cute, too!!! Just kidding…Julie doesn’t drool…she only drives through horrible storms so other don’t have to!!! Thank you to all who came; Becky, Wendy, Kristee, Carrie, Jennifer, Sherla, Sue...and others...you all made it so special!!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Looks like a great time! I wish I could have been there. The diaper cake is amazing! I also love the blanket Linda made for you. So beautiful. Looks like you are getting to ready for little Max to come!

Meradith said...

OH my gosh you are getting so close. I can't believe a baby is going to come out of you any day now! So excited. The shower was a hit, I'm glad quite a few showed up despite the weather!