Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fossil Fest Funnies...


These pictures are from July during the fossil fest. Eric and I were cast as the hero and villain…but as pregnancy and stunts (however rudimentary) don’t seem to coincide very well, our friend Nick Baird was kind enough to step in and fill the role of the villain. Nick did an awesome job!!! The entire crew did!!


Here is a scene where Eric, the hero, has to swim to confront his heroine’s captor. Dylan (our nephew) did not like the part with Eric in a swim suit…he said he only liked the parts where Eric was a cowboy.

Here’s where he’s reincarnating the spirit of the Karate Kid!! You can do it Eric, san!!!

One of my favorite scenes in the melodrama is where Eric is knocked out cold by one of the “sexy Native American women.” Whilst his character is unconscious, the villain is unscrupulously trying to woo the heroine…the funniest part was during the matinee there were three little African American girls about 4 or 5 years old tugging at Eric and screaming, “Cowboy…wake up, he's stealing your wOmAN!!!”

2 comments:

Annie said...

I know Nick Baird. Anyways it looks like fun. I would have loved to see it. Eric was always a very good actor. I remember once as a child he convinced me that he had gone blind while my parents were gone. He had me totally freaked out. I think he actually produced actual tears, which of course made me really produce tears.

stina said...

Those pictures are hilarious. Looks like quite a production!!