Friday, January 2, 2009

Party Like it’s 1999!


Can you believe that 1999 was a decade ago? I remember listening to (the artist formerly known as) Prince and thinking that 1999 would never come…I imagined 2009 the way the Doc predicted it to be like in Back to the Future…hover boards…space suits…sky traffic…no door knobs…jackets that inflated/deflated to fit you perfectly…nostalgic 80’s cafes…how disappointing 2009 would be to Marty McFly!

We celebrated the New Year in Evanston this year. We went to the Depot and saw the muy fabuloso fireworks! Mark Media was the announcer and “dropped the ball” ( insert air quotes) on the count down (ha! My play on words kill me!). Apparently he didn’t coordinate too well with the ball dropping people and there was no countdown, they just dropped it!

Carli, Julie and Jim enjoying the festivities…I cut myself out…no one needs to see that picture!!! It’s for your own good, really!

Eric, Carli and I got a little bored after everyone went to bed… when bored…stupid things happen…anyone who has ever lived in a college dormitory understands this principle…or, been on a mission (I’m inferring from the myriad of idiotic stories that I’ve heard from return missionaries!). So, Eric and Carli ran the traditional Phillips Family run around the house barefooted.

Here is Eric before…

Here is Carli during…I ran around to the side of the house to take a picture of them running and all I could hear was Carli screaming at Eric, “I hate you, Eric…you made me do this!” (Which, by the way, he TOTALLY did!!)

Here is Eric during…you’ve got to love the Carharts…classic!

While it must have been painful, in the end…there were only smiles to be seen….
After their feet were soaking in the bath tub!!! How many people their age can say they recently took a bath with their sibling?!?


Just because I always like flashbacks...here were are last year in Evanston...

2 comments:

Annie said...

What a fun time. I'm so glad that you post pictures. I especially enjoy Eric's coveralls. I'm glad they ran around the house. Tradition.

Meradith said...

Holy cow that looks FREEZING! But I guess if people can walk on coals people can run bare foot in the snow. Proud of you for going out and enjoying the festivities as a preggy. Last year (I was 11 weeks along and so sick) we went to a little party and I curled up in the corner on the floor and went to sleep at like 10. haha. so lame. This years was better, thought having an infant doesn't really make partying all night long too appealing. We had fun. so, contractions? labor pains?? anything happening in that belleh???