Saturday, January 10, 2009

Holy Crap We Had a Baby!!!


We are so happy to announce that on January 8th at about 10:20 PM Aimei gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. He was just under 6 lbs and had long hands and feet. He was born with a full head of hair and his grandpa Phillips was jealous.

Aimei is doing great and was walking around faster than any of the hospital staff had ever seen. She even helped me load some of the bags in the car when we were leaving the hospital. Crazy girl. She just went to Walmart to buy some things and I wouldn't be surprised if when she got home, she went for a run on the treadmill.

We are both so happy and everytime I look at him I just can't beleive how blessed we are. I have never immediately felt so much love for anything. He makes funny facial expressions and he passes a lot of gas, but that just adds to his cuteness.

After Aimei became pregnant we debated a lot over names. We finally settled on Maxwell Daniel Phillips. I love the name Max because when I was about 10 years old I saw the movie "Hiding Out." In the film, the main character has to go undercover as a high school student to hide from the mob. The main character has to make up a name and when he sees a can of coffee he says, "my name is Maxwell House, I mean, Maxwell Houser." I loved the show and the name. His middle name comes from Aimei's dad. We joked that we were going to call him Elvis since he was born on Elvis' birthday. Long live the king.

16 comments:

Jared said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you. That's awesome that our kids are only two days apart. Good luck getting some sleep the next little while.

stina said...

Holy crap I am so excited for you! I wish I could be there and meet your little guy. Have fun!

Meradith said...

Congratulations!!! Aren't those feelings just indescribable??it is so amazing holding your brand new little in your arms. Heaven really feels so close. We want to meet him so bad! Aimei I need the full scoop girl! Congrats again, and please don't run on the treadmill any time soon.

Meradith said...

Ps. I had always thought you liked the name Maxwell for Elder Neal A. but the real reason is so much more meaningful!!!

Deputy said...

Congrats! Good Luck.

The Sandall's said...

Congratulations!!! He is such a cutie!!! I can't believe Aimei was up and moving so fast, lucky her!! Let me know if you guys need anything at all, we are only a few doors down!!

Annie said...

We are so happy for you! It really is amazing how much love you can have for one little body. He is so cute. I can't wait to see him and to see you two as parents.

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. Despite the sleepless nights, recovery, and the constant feeding and endless diaper changes it is the most amazing experience ever! Maxwell is a great name. Have fun being parents.

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

Congrats! We can't wait to see the little guy. You are going to be great parents!

Jill said...

Congratulations!! Let me know when you're up for visitors. (I'll leave my kids home.) :)

Holly & Kasey said...

Congratulations!! That is so exciting. I am glad to hear that everything is going well!

Alison said...

Congratulation! Aren't babies wonderful, especially when he is your own.

Dawn Ourada said...

Congratulations you guys! I figured when you called me on Thursday that you wouldn't be returning to work. However, I hadn't heard anything. Happy that you're all doing well. I have a gift, but will wait for things to settle down a little (okay, that isn't going to happen until maybe he's 18 years old). Congrats again!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Congratulations! What an exciting time. We can't wait to see more pictures!

Gilly said...

ERIC! You look WAY too young to have a kid :-p but Congrats anyway I am happy for you both and you have to put some more pictures up please.

Gilly said...

PS I hope you have a Bus load, so you can play foot ball and then after a match perhaps you can watch a Golden Girls Marathon :)