Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What a Girl Wants





So, I thought this was so funny; I just had to post it on our blog!!! Some women dream of diamonds, pearls, lavish possessions or positions of power…but I think these men hold the real key!!!
Eric will never be these things…but this Sunday, I really was able to appreciate how wonderful of a husband I have. We were rushing to Church and we had to teach our lessons to the young men and women and one thing led to another and it’s surprising how bugged you can get with one another…over nothing. By the time we were finally at church, we were yearning for solace away from each other. There I was in young women… “We are daughters on our Heavenly Father…” Man, Eric was SO in the wrong this morning… “which are faith, diving nature, individual worth…” I can’t believe he is being SO stubborn… “and receive the blessing of exaltation.” NOTHING…talk about noticing the mote but not the beam…anyway, somewhere along the line, I started my lesson and the spirit took over and soon all I could think of was how grateful I was for Eric and what a kindhearted, sincere and fun person he is. Much to my surprise, Eric was having a parallel experience and when we saw each other in Sunday school, all was forgiven and understood without having to say anything. Then, we noticed that the program stated that Eric Phillips was the musical number (singing a solo)….HAHHAAHA! I don’t know anyone else (well, other than Meradith Christensen…but come one…she has, like, the best voice in the WORLD!) who could have done that without any preparation and done SO fabulously…I can’t imagine a better suited spouse for me.

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

We like the new background!!

Deputy said...

Hello Aimei Phillips, I work with your husband. If you send me your email address, I can send you an invite to my blog. Email me at mpd2b6@gmail.com. I also think I am in the same ward as you.

Kenny