Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Small Part In It ALL

So, I’m thankful for the little blessings that come when you don’t even know you need them. I was minding my own business at work today when one of the supervisors pulled me aside. He led me to his office and closed the door (never a good sign). He sat me down and started with, “You’re a Mormon, right?” (Also not a good sign) To which I replied in the affirmative. He continued by saying that he had overheard some shifters mention me during last night’s graveyard shift (for any of you who have never worked at a Power Plant…graveyard shift conversation can be a little rude and crude). He followed by relating how one of the employees told a story about how I had asked him to be Santa Claus for our ward party last year, “She just did her thing and before I knew it, I was cutting my fishing trip short to go to a Mormon church to pass out candy canes.” To which all the men laughed (I guess my reputation of being a little too “persuasive” preceded me!). One of them asked, “Would you do it again?” …and he answered, “I would…if she needed my help, again, I would.” Now, I could pretend it was my sparkling personality or the wonderful array of ($0.75 a person) hors devours and dinner but, I believe (I know) it was the spirit that touched that man that day. I am just grateful to have had a small part in it all.

No comments: