Monday, May 5, 2008

DON'T JUDGE ME!!!

So…I had a very eye opening experience into the intricacies of the human brain this week...I had much time to ponder my observations as I spent the entire weekend bored in Kemmerer while Eric vomited and slept.
The back drop: American Idol…I wouldn’t consider myself a loyal watcher…nor am I avid enough to ever vote…but on Tuesdays when Eric goes to play basketball, I’ll watch it. Through out this season I have had my favorites: Brooke and David Archuleta (for both obvious and less than obvious reasons). I have also had my dislikes: Carly (not a fan…she just bugs), Ramiele…could you be anymore timid and mousy…and don’t get me started on Jason Castro…get RID of the locks….SERIOUSLY!!!...and David Cook…forehead of an alien!!! Then they did Neil Diamond songs as their theme….and Jason Castro sang, “Forever in Blue Jeans.” I saw him smile this crooked half side ways smile and I was faintly charmed by the whole performance from then on. I was much more surprised at my secondary reaction than I was by my initial…it was RAGE!!! I hated him even more! For a brief moment, I glimpsed into the mind of KKK members, Black Panther members, or homophobic extremists…they have so ingrained it into their mind to dislike a particular group that when someone or thing alters that set of beliefs…they react with rage…rather than welcoming the fact that their hate or dislike might have been unfounded.
Anyway…I decided to embrace my epiphany and accept my new crush on Jason Castro. For all of you who don’t know who he is…I’ve posted a picture…I, of course, completely understand that it is totally pre-tend & immature and know that I am happily married and have even confessed this crush to Eric…to which he just laughed. You've all had crushes that weren't logical...so...DON'T JUDGE ME!!!


No comments: