Monday, October 17, 2016

School Field Trip & the end of the school year

 I got to go on the last field trip of the year with the girls' preschool class...it was a short trip, just a walk around the block...but it was fun to see the kids and hear their excitement about each little thing they were taught. One of the things they saw on their walk was a tree that had grown from a crack in a driveway...as  primary teacher, I'm always looking for object lesson opportunities...so, I will store that one into the memory bank!

 The last day of class was a water party!



 the girls had so much fun and we have loved this little class of theirs!



 Preschool graduation!

 The boys in waiting! Max was excited he got to attend...he kept saying, 'aah memories, time flies... I remember when I was in preschool!' Me, too, buddy!


 Lia getting her book!





 this is such a Lia face...




 Kiri getting her book!






This is also such a Kiri face





 So proud of our girls!!!


 We purchased this bike from our next door neighbor...a while ago...so, Will kept teasing Max by telling him there was a return clause on the bike and if Max didn't learn and start riding his bike by the last day of school, Will would get his bike back...so, as the last week of school approached, I knew I had to kick it into gear...I worked with Max everyday, much to his, mine, and everyone involved chagrin!!! It was a painful task and I admit, there was much yelling, pleading  and guilt-ing involved...but the moment he got it was a sweet, proud and happy moment that we will relish forever!!!

Here he is on the last day of school riding his bike proudly!!! As he left out of site, he yelled, 'Wills not getting his bike back!!!'

No comments: