Sunday, July 19, 2009

5K and Fossilfest Funnies

My mom was kind enough to get up at the crack of dawn to watch the stink shark so we could participate in a 5K this last weekend. Aimei asked me to keep a slow pace so she could keep up with me. I've been playing basketball and running consistantly for the last couple of years. I figured I would have to slow WAY down in order for her to keep up with me. Well guess what, she kicked my trash. She hasn't run in over a year and a half and I honestly couldn't keep up with those fast moving short little legs. She ended up waiting for me at the finish line. The shame was great.

Here is Aimei kicking my trash in the race.
Here I am after the race; exhausted, thirsty, and full of shame.

Here we are together. Aimei was nice enough to give me a sympathy hug. What a good sport.

Adam and Camille made the trip for this year's Fossilfest in Kemmerer. Adam played in the 3 x 3 tournament while we ran in the race. Adam's team won one game and he shared in my athletic shame. Here is a picture of Adam looking buff after finishing a game.

FOSSILFEST FUNNIES
In addition to having fun with the 5K, we participated in a Silent Melodrama called "Doll in the Family." I played the sherriff hero and Aimei played the evil Villain. The plot involved the kidnapping of a beautiful cowgirl in distress. In the end I saved the day by thwarting Aimei's evil plans and was praised by all. Can you tell that I also wrote the melodrama?





There was singing, dancing, and a lot of fun. We had great crowds for both performances and everybody seemed to enjoy the show. Aimei had a child come up to her after the show and tell her, "I hate you." She must've had a pretty sad look on her face because he added, "...well, I like you in real life but I hate you in the movies!"

1 comment:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Looks like a great time, we would have loved to have seen you in the melodrama! How fun!