Friday, August 8, 2008

08.08.08


Beijing Olympics start today!!! Here is a picture of fireworks above the National Stadium…man, do the Chinese LOVE their fireworks…hey, if I invented something, I would use every opportunity to show it off, too!!


The Chinese are always strategic in choosing dates that are considered lucky days…thus 08.08.08. Aside from the fact that it is very symmetrical and therefore pleasing to the mind (speaking as a former Mathlete) it has significance because eight sounds like the words for “fortune” as well as symbolizing eternity (eight on it’s side is of course the symbol for eternity). For all these reasons and more…we chose to be sealed for all time and eternity last year on 08.08…so, that means…


It’s our anniversary!!! They say the first year is the hardest and I have to say I concur (at least I hope that this statement is true) because (if so), the rest of our lives will be even more fun, easy going, enjoyable and pleasurable than this past year has been!!! Who can be so lucky in life to be spared from sorrow,…but what joy there is in having an eternal companion to laugh together, to progress together, to mourn while I mourn, to thirst while I thirst, to be both a student and a teacher together,…Eric is the greatest husband EVER and I could not feel Heavenly Father’s love more than when I look at Eric and can see and feel all the blessings I have been given as well as the ones that are still yet to come!

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

We loved your house. It looks great and Aimei has done a very good job. Sorry we couldn't stay longer than we did. Thanks for the cookies.

Jody said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !!!! Hope that you have a happy day!! Wish we were at the tent hanging out and taking pictures again!! Love Ya

bjandsdavis said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Annie said...

I can't believe it's been a year! Time goes quickly. You have made Eric very happy and I am glad he found you. Happy Anniversary!