Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Comi..comi..comi..comicon....


You ever wake up and think, "I want to dress up like a superhero,' well, since Eric was offered free tickets to Comicon (thanks, Thanos!) we thought we should go...so, I tried on my costume from last year...
 
 within seconds, all three of the kids were dressed in costumes...

 
and the day was set...with neighbors to mock! and take pictures (that's Aspers)

  
My favorite part of the day started as we had to park quite a ways and were instructed to , 'follow the freaks that are dressed up.' (thank you helpful pre missionary parking attendant)
Eric, not being strong in the ways of the Jedi navigators, was uncomfortable with these vague directions...so, he was overjoyed when he spotted a 'freak in costume...' as I inspected this older woman in a red velvet dress and pearls I asked Eric is she was dressed up as a character I was unfamiliar with...just then, she turned the corner and entered the Salt Lake City Greek Festival (which was apparently being held down the block from Comicon!

 


 How dare you...she's a nice lady!!!!


 Soon the obvious patrons were surrounding us....Lego Movie...I pretty much love any movie that Will Ferrel is involved in...so many all time favs...Austin Powers, King of the Hill, Wedding Crashers, Talladega Nights,Elf, Megamind, Zoolander...how you've carried me through the years!
 I am so happy we brought the kids...they had so much fun (thanks Jay & Linda for offering!)
Twin Belles? The girls loved the princesses!
 Mystique!
 Random guy with weird contacts!
 Some dad who went out and dressed up like spiderman
I got to meet Steve Sanders...he was so nice...and I fell for it all...hook line and sinker...he introduced himself, 'Hi, I'm Ian..." well of course you are I giggled..he shook my hand and gave me a hug and I think I babbled that I loved it all...'Sharknado, even the Christmas Hope...' sequel to the saddest Christmas movie EVER...the Christmas Shoes...I noticed he looked a little older...to which Eric informed me that he is 50! Can it be...I looked it up and indeed, Steve the lovable orphan is in fact 50! He looked great for fifty! I was smitten and so lucky to have my husband sneak photographic evidence of it!
The coolest photo ever...they offer it as a free service!!! May the force be with our FHE lovin' family!!! A few more pics to come...