Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fourth!

Fourth of July wouldn't be the same without the Kemmerer Community Choir and Brother Cook dressing up as Uncle Sam...here is a split screen of him holding Max from last year to this...poor Max!
Here is Max helping 'Favorite Uncle Chuck' with the dishes.

Julie made Chuck's grandmother's lamb recipe and it was so D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!! Annie, I put a lot of extra pictures for you!

We were invited to the Wellings for a get together and I made patriotic red velvet cup cakes...Meradith told me the most interesting story about how cooks used to make the cupcakes so red...so, of course, I googled it...it turns out that it's not red velvet cake necessarily that is made from crushed beetles, but red food dye...so, if you're not super keen on the idea of eating beetles, look for an OU symbol or K- designating that the item is Kosher, also FD&C Red Dye #40 ( known as Red #40) is made from a petroleum product or coal tar, not insects. There's your random fact for the day.
Tracy and Eric holding Monson and Maxwell...just their names alone make them destined to be good friends, don't you think?
Little girls in heels is a hoot...but little boys in heels is ridiculously funny...as long as it's not my son! Just kidding. Sort of.
Corey's new baby...have you ever seen a cuter little smile?!?!
Max in a helicopter.
The fireworks were amazing this year...Max loved getting to stay up late and see all the 'lights.' All night I could hear him saying 'light, please.' It's great to live in a country with so many freedoms, amenities and pride. Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Annie said...

Once again it looks like all of you had a great time. Max looks adorable in his little plaid shorts. That smile is to die for.

Phillips Family said...

When did Chuck grow a beard? Looks like a great time, wish we could have come down. Thanks for the pictures, even though they were ONLY intended for Annie...ya SNOTS!!!

The Welling Family -- said...

I like all of your collages. Looks good. I need to do more cool stuff like that for my blog.

Jill said...

Thanks for the info on the bug coloring. hmmmm