Monday, August 24, 2009

Family, Family, Family!!!!

This post is way long and a little overdue!!! A few weeks ago we had the annual Eldridge family reunion here in Wyoming. Meredith, Jason, Jared, Kristee & kids came a little early and visited us in Kemmerer...

I did this collage because I was so impressed with the amount of sleeping babies at our house at one time!!!
Here are some of the festivities from the reunion...horse shoe, Blongo Ball, food, a pinata...

and what would a reunion be without basketball...Chuck didn't have the right shoes...the new ones learn fast (I can attest to this fact as well as Brandon)!?


Here's some random stud making a fabulous swoosh-er!!!!

Some of the girls hanging out & catching up (actually I think we were all talking about Carli's upcoming wedding plans)!

Here's Chuck holding Max...check out Max's funny face...I think it was because of the sun...

We played some family feud and here are Jim & Jay going at it...in front of a cheese factory?!?!

roasting mallows at the pit! Jim, Carli & Chuck

Is Brinley (Steve & Wendy's youngest) not the cutest thing in the WORLD!!??!!
Right after the reunion we went to California for my dad's 60th birthday. My mom often has visiting French Ph.D Students at her lab...so she always has the best French recipes...for our first day she made strawberry Crepes!!!

Then we went for a walk at the beach....me, my brother (Peter) and my mom...


Me, Eric and Max...
The weather was beautiful in California...we cooled off by walking at the Berkeley marina...

My dad's 60th celebration....me, Eric, max, my mom, dad, brother and his girlfriend Christina.


We went all over San Francisco...hard rock, Ghiradelli (jigga-deli), Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Alcatraz...
We went to Lombard street where they were celebrating the 60th anniversary of the game Candy Land...so, they made all of Lombard street a giant Candy Land and let people play on it...too bad Max was too little (and a boy).

Ever since the furry vest guy at the Oyster Ridge Eric has loved to take pictures of random funny people...we call this, "Ode to the Wharf"...
Here we are at the same hat shop we took pictures at before we were married...

You gotta love my little Rastafarian baby!!! Ya' man!!!!!

I really thought this was a sweet moment with my dad and Max...man, first born of the first born...was Max spoiled this trip!!!!!!! He was never put down...someone was there to hold him the entire two weeks!!!

We wanted to go to Tahoe and stay at the good ol' Circus Circus...the first buffet was o.k....but that second buffet...I think I'm still full from it!
Here's Max sitting next to the bear my dad won him at Circus Circus...not only is the bear bigger than Max...it can sit without assistance, unlike a baby I know!!!! Don't let the bear intimidate you, Max!!!

3 comments:

Holly & Kasey said...

Looks and sounds like you had a fun time! Max is getting so big and is such a handsome little guy!

Annie said...

Look at Max's cute smile! I'm glad you've been having so much fun and it's great to see pictures of everything.

Jared said...

Great pictures. Thanks again for the fun time in Kemmerer and Evanston. I wore the Drug Free camo shirt that Eric gave me to the demolition derby in town, and I fit in great.