Monday, August 10, 2009

Birth Order



There are many books and theories on how our personalities and once perceived idiosyncrasies are merely byproducts of our birth order.

Eric and I were both born second in our families...however, I was second of two while Eric was second of five. The book I read also goes into birth order in context to the whole family entity.

I never really thought there was that much truth to the theories but Eric seemed to think that, at least for his family, the book seemed pretty accurate.

It dawned on me today while I was making homemade white nectarine baby food (of course tasting each nectarine to make sure it was the sweetest and ripest while I ate the skin and leftover nectarines that didn't make the cut)...that perhaps there might be more to the theory than I had originally thought.



While I can not comprehend loving a child more than I love Max, or even as much, for that matter...I have been assured by my mom and mother-in-law, sister-in-laws, cousin in-laws and Eric, that I will, indeed, love all my children as much. I do, by the way, believe that I will love all of my children equally, but equally does not equate with the same. While I will love all of my future children as much as Max, they will never have my full attention and devotion, like Max has...even the youngest...I will be older, probably more tired, sleep-deprived and realistic...but for right now, I am whole-heartily enjoying my blissful obsession and complete devotion to my one and only baby boy!!!
So, I'm off to try more gourmet baby food recipes. I hope you all enjoy this video of Max eating his first taste of store bought green beans (which is what inspired me to start making my own)!!!

4 comments:

The Sandall's said...

That video is so cute and funny (at least he was keeping some of those yucky green beans down)!! By the way I loved your family pictures, they turned out Great!!!

Reichel Broussard said...

Awww...poor Max, I can just imagine how those green beans taste... bleh. Sorry I haven't been posting on the blog lately. My other non-personal blog has been keeping me busy :) Hope to see you soon! - Reichel

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I've been really researching making my own baby food for Tyler (I never did with Abe) You'll have to give me some tips at Meeks!

Hailey said...

Hey, Corey and I are heading to some orchards in Colorado in 1-2 weeks to pick up some organic fruit. We will be briging back 800 lbs. and if you want in on the action let us know. We can get it for about $1-1.50 per lb. Which is really good for organic produce. We are grabbing apples, peaches, and pears. We are also on the look out for squash and green beans. Figured you would want to know since you are making your own baby food. We also have 2200
5.4 oz. small baby food sized bottling jars. We could part with some if you are interested.