Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Meeks! Meeks! Meeks!!!



Next year will mark the 20th year that the Phillips have been going to Meeks cabin for Labor Day weekend. I’ll admit, Meeks is something Eric and I both look forward to all year long…but as we packed everything in preparation, there was a bittersweet feeling in the air…it marked the end of summer. Still, Meeks did not disappoint…so many people helped to make it so wonderful, but I have to give a special shout out to Julie. She worked so tirelessly to ensure that everyone had the best time!!!

Here we are at the nearby pond.
Jim holding Max and Ken holding his THREE month old Ty-Ty who happens to weigh the same as Max...and look, they were even wearing matching outfits!!!

This is Ty's big brother Abraham...who refers to himself as. "Hammer!" He is the absolute best big brother, I'm sure of it...he was so gentle and sweet and loving to Max...Kim told me that he even included 'baby Max' in his prayers!

Eric lounging with the Stink Shark (and Lindsey, I LOVE this outfit!!!).



Sorry Cathy, I saw Jen's facebook request for faces for facials...so I asked her to bring some Mary Kay facials to Meeks...here, you can see her beautiful assistant, Alexandria! We were sad that they had to leave early due to a not so fun bout of the stomach flu...sadly, I hear Kale in the morning and I thought, how nice, he's playing something like the Hulk with his boys...no, just vomiting!!!!



Here is the after of our wonderful facials!!!



Chuck had never been to the Mountain Man Rendezvous, so Carli, Brooke, Max and I decided to go with him. Here they are holding a $450.00 dog...he was cute! Look what an adorable family they make!!!



I sort of thought the caption on this picture could be, "The Bjorn, Pioneer edition"



Here's a telling picture of the dynamics of Chuck and Carli's relationship! It shows how funny they are together!



Here's one of my favorite pictures of the Chief holding Max...I dub him Stinky Shark Crooked Neck.



Chuck tried on this manly vest...it reminded me of the Oyster Ridge man that Eric and I mocked!!!



Speaking of mocking...Carli pointed out this man by the port-o-pottie at the Rendezvous!!!



Here we are at the FEAST!!! YUMMMY!!!! Eric did well and ate 39 shrimp..but he was no match for Chuck...who ate...49 shrimp...Carli has chosen well!!!!




Meeks fun... Of course, we did crafts on Sunday...an activity that Eric and I always look forward to with much anticipation...this year Carrie brought this amazing foam clay that we named space clay...here is Carli's eerily authentic replica of The Brain!









Here's my Max...king of the wild things... I wanted Eric to mold a Wild thing...but instead he made items close to his heart...
A hot dog, a pizza and a Hulk Hogan puppet!!!!



Jody and Geoff couldn't stay the entire time, so, we had some fun times with the kids...here are Brooke and Hanky at the pond feeding the fish with Eric, Chuck, Carli and me as the photographer.



...I just thought I would throw this in because I have a cute husband and I like showing funny pictures of him...even before I took this picture, I knew he would do that pose!!!Eric did a lot of fishing...and caught a lot of fish...randomly the ones that we did take were deleted off of our camera...just the pictures of Eric and Chuck fishing...I guess someone doesn't want Eric to have proof of his great fishing skills...well, I know he's a great fisher!!!


4 comments:

The Highlands Mathis said...

Hey! Isn't the Mountain Man Rendevous in West Yellowstone? If so, I've totally been there and thrown hatchets like a crazy person! Awesome!

Annie said...

Glad to see that you didn't lose your camera this time! Great pictures. Just wish that we could have been there this year!

ericphil said...

I caught that big fish the same day BYU won the big game. It was a good day.

eric

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

We had so much fun. "Hammer" really did love Max and I love that picture of them together!