Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mechanical things malfunctioning

So...these flowers are called white Acadias...it's relevance will soon reveal itself...
I'm grateful for my husband's kind temperament. He really is so slow to anger and even then, his anger is always productive...for example...whenever we get into an argument (which we've only ever had one...hahaha...we don't argue a lot...but, come one, everyone disagrees now and then) he will go and do dishes or clean...it's pretty funny...I should try to get him mad on purpose!!!
Anyway, anyone who knows Eric knows that there really are only a few things that really get him upset
1) Being lost
2) Being late
3) Mechanical things malfunctioning

A little over a week ago while Julie and Carli were away, we went to visit Jim and go out to lunch. While in the parking lot of the all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurant, Eric's door wouldn't close to our Jeep. Well, he tried calmly to fix the problem...then it just escalated to slamming the door over and over...finally, after a large woman with a cane fixed the door, Eric exclaimed, "we need to get a new car,"...and three hours later, we bought our new (to us) white Acadia (hence the flowers...). Geoff (Eric's brother) knew someone who sells cars...Crazy, huh?

Here it is in all it's glory...I know I'm lame...but I haven't been able to bring myself to drive it yet...it's too nice...I'd rather just drive my old Honda CRV for now. I've had this problem since I was a child...my mom indulged me and bought me this really nice Esprit vest and I never wore it because I always wanted to "save" it for a special occasion...then, before I knew it, vests were way out (which apparently are back in)...what a waste...I should just enjoy it...old habits die hard!!!

4 comments:

Reichel Broussard said...

'Tis the season for buying cars, it seems. Congrats! And take that car for a drive! Hope all is well with the little guy :)

Annie said...

Those are really nice cars. I would love to have one.

Meradith said...

Nice! You guys will be cruising the streets of Kemerrer...2 miles an hour so everybody sees you... in no time! Are you guys coming this weekend? I sent you a text Aimei but you ignored me! Don't think you can hide from me!!

Hailey said...

Hey, I would love to get together, just give us a call and let us know when a good time for you is!!