Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Eric!


Some people are like the pompous attention hog kid in front...I'm the screaming girl and Eric's the content kid on the left who the cake actually belongs to...

So, I've been a horrible wife this year...I didn't really get into the whole Valentine's Day thing...and then Eric's birthday rolled around (on the 22ND) and I had planned a few things...but not with the intensity of past years... by past years, I don't just mean for Eric...but for any of my friends' and loved ones' birthdays, I always rallied the troops and would plan a great party...Birthdays have always been a big deal to me...it's a celebration of you as a person...I used to intentionally NOT remind people of my birthday and see who cared enough to want to celebrate my life and my influence. Each year I think I received a wonderful out pour of love...but each year I set myself up for disappointment...nothing could ever "prove" that I meant enough, one year one of my friends disappointingly gave me her gift and said that she had wanted to plan a surprise party but when she asked around...everyone told her to ask me for help...anyway, this is not about me...but it is about wanting to celebrate Eric.
On his actual birthday (last Sunday) I woke up ready to set into motion my special day for Eric...until the dreaded...MASTITIS hit me like a ton of bricks and before I knew it, I had a fever of 104 and I was delirious! So, not only did Eric not get all of my special gifts and meals...he had to take care of Max and drive to Evanston to get me medicine until I could go to the doctor.
Eric works so hard at work, at home and everywhere else and I was so disappointed that he didn't get a huge celebration to "prove" to him how appreciated he is. The frosting on the irony cake is that he's such a good guy, that he doesn't even need or want the big party. He just wanted a special dinner with his family and friends. So, thank you, to all who called and wished him a happy birthday (and to those who didn't...I think that's pretty crappy!...but Eric won't give it a second thought! So, be thankful for his temperament.)
Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone and Eric know how incredible of a father, husband, friend, attorney and person he is. I don't know if you know this Eric, but you are my hero...you were content to let me shine...because that's your way...you are the wind beneath my wings...and I believe the children are our future...teach them well and let them lead the way...show them all the beauty they possess inside...give them a sense of pride...
yea, if you really thought I would really tell someone they were the wind beneath my wing...you do not know me and maybe should not be reading this blog!!!

Happy Birthday, Eric!!!


The Eric we know and love:






































7 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Happy Birthday Er-Rot!!!

stina said...

Happy Birthday, Eric! I barely know you, but one of these days we'll all get together! Love the pictures, BTW!

Annie said...

I'm glad that we got to have fish chowder and Strawberry/blueberry cake to celebrate. Julia still talks about the cake. It was great to see you guys and happy birthday.

Hailey said...

Wow...please tell me in the first picture Eric is wearing a wig.
he!he! His long, flowing blond locks gives the impression that he is attempting to look like fabio. YIKES! Ps. I like your frog background. ;)

Hailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meradith said...

Happy Birthday Eric! Sorry we are late and didn't even wish you one when we were up there. Some people! Speaking of, wanted to apologize for my lameness while there. I was pretty spaced out. You'll be happy to know that the food poisoning has subsided and my personality has emerged yet again. We will plan another weekend to come up and play games and paint the town! Aim- you seriously HAVE to come help me decorate. I'm not kidding about this and will not let this die. I will hound you. And thank you again for being such great hostess, the food was awesome. We had the opportunity to eat our red hard boiled eggs this morning and Jason made a toast to Maxwell as we did. P.S. What's the best email to reach you at? or do you care that all this randomness is in this blog comment?

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Happy Birthday to Eric! Hope it was great, even with all the troubles! Hope you are feeling better Aimei!