Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Mom's Banana Bread


 Growing up, my brother and I rarely had sweets in our home...my mother never bought apple juice, we ate Cheerios...the yellow box, my mom never made cookies...but she did make BANANA BREAD!!! Why is it a bread and not a cake like carrot cake...because between the two...I would definitely think a carrot would make more of a bread and a banana more of a cake...after much baking...I've come to the conclusion that it was mislabeled...I mean you shred carrots into cake...but you shred zucchini into a bread...you mash bananas into a bread...it boggles the mind...but, alas, I digress...banana bread...the sweet smell of it baking in the oven is still such a treasured memory for me, one that instantly envelopes me with a warm comforting feeling of my mom's love...I have tried to continue the tradition with my kids...

Apparently it also holds the same wonderful association for my girls...they quickly gathered all of their play tools to help me  make some banana bread!!!!

 I love this picture because you can tell that Kiri just started her turn on the baby blender...Lia is so cute pouting!!!
 Kiri loves being a little mommy!
 Don't forget the bananas!!!!
Lia is so playful and eager to help. Her vocabulary and speaking skills are finally blossoming...I think it took her a little time because she had to compete with 'Baby Kiri talks- a-lot.'

No comments: