Saturday, March 1, 2014

Happy year of the Wooden Horse!!!!!



 Happy Year of the wooden Horse!!! We had our traditional Chinese New Year party this year...only it was a little toned down since we arrived back home the day before.


 We had lots of the traditional sweets to ensure a sweet new year.
 I loved the new outfits my mom bought for the kids.
 I bought an ingot shaped chocolate mold and it turned out fabulously...thanks Chelsea...gotta love the candy melt!
 Meatballs with pepper jelly...
 Chinese tea eggs (an LDS modified recipe)
 ...you might be Chinese if you take pictures of the food you serve...
 Our friends the Aspers...here's Neal...he's pretty tall...in fact the other day I asked if he was about 5'7? To which he replied...no, you're about 5'7"...I was embarrassed because I obviously had meant 6'7 (and it turns out he is about 6'8") but sadly, all I could think about was, "you think I'm 5'7?!!" It made my 5'2" heart swoon!!!!
 Eric and the kids' doctor (both of whom served their missions in Taiwan)
 People eating...
 Our friends the Fluckigers (think, a bird FLEW with a KEY to the tigers' cage who growled GRRR)
 Love this girl!!!! She babysat for the kids and brought her own treats for the kids and played with them...her only character flaw was her inability to open the child proof drawers!!!
 Funny pic...I never know what to do when people take a picture of me, either!!! So cute!!
 Our little tomboy, LIA!!! She's so funny and full of personality!
 Having a sister tea party...
 This picture is literally all of the BEST babysitters in Rock Springs...I love each of these girls!!!
 I bought this book and had it on display and our friend Wade was OBSESSED with it for the entire party, figuring out what horoscope sign everyone was and their respective spouse and everyone was meant to be together...except him and his lovely wife...it seriously became the running joke...only those two supposedly  did not have chi together. You can see how much our Bishop thought of the book!!! It was a great party filled with lots of friends and food, we were saddened that most of our family was still in California from the funeral. Wishing everyone a prosperous and harmonious Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: