Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Post

Since the girls are still so young, we didn't want to risk getting them sick, so we stayed home for Thanksgiving.

Eric holding Lia.
Our friends Charayye and keith & their kids came over. They are moving to Arizona soon and we're sad to be losing friends, but happy for them as this is a good move for their family!

Here is my Thanksgiving turkey. I thought it turned out pretty well.

Our friends who had to work the day before and after Thanksgiving came over and we had our own mini Thanksgiving. The food was great and we were so happy to have friends come over...but it doesn't quite feel like Thanksgiving without Linda's rolls!


The kiddo's eating candy before dinner!

Me, eating a turkey leg. My favorite part of this picture is Max dressed up as Buzz Lightyear in the corner. That kid is always dressed up as something!

Eric with a turkey wing.

The boys eating at their table.

The girls all dressed up.

By the end of the night we were all shot! This year, I'm thankful for my family: it was so wonderful having my mom here for a month to help with the girls and Jim & Julie watched Max for weeks and helped make the transition a smooth one for Max. I'm thankful for the girls, they continue to thrive and impress me. I love them so much and can't imagine life without them. I'm so thankful for Max and his kind heart and his sweet disposition. He wants nothing more out of life than to be around family and friends and sharing in the things he enjoys. I'm grateful for our home, to be in a more permanent situation in a ward that we love. I'm grateful for the partnership I have with Eric. It's been more hectic with the two girls, but I also feel like we have been working so well together and I'm grateful for a partner who cares and tries so hard!! I'm most grateful for the gospel because without this amazing focal point in my life, all the other things would seem a bit meaningless. So grateful for all of the blessings in my life and most grateful that the most important ones I get to keep for all eternity. Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: