Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nawlins!!

I just got back from New Orleans. I was there for a week on business. The atmosphere in New Orleans was awesome. I listened to a lot of jazz music and ate some really tasty Cajun food.

On Bourbon Street they had these Slurpee machines all over the place. Upon closer inspection I realized these were alcoholic Slurpee's and I remembered a story Aimei told me about visiting New Orleans as a child. Lets just say they really should have carded a confused 9 year old with a sweet tooth.

The French Market was really cool. It was this long tunnel of shops. They had exotic meats, spices, and other local trinkets for sale. I bought a bunch of local spices for Aimei and was all excited when I brought them home. She then showed me where I could buy all these spices at Walmart. Curse you Walmart!

They had a bunch of voodoo shops in the area. There were spell books and magic powders for sale. They don't let you take pictures inside the shops but I snapped this photo from the outside window. They had shrunken heads in one of the shops. I wanted to ask how much a shrunken head would cost but I was too scared.

Street performer. Not really a baby.

There were painters all along this street. I thought this guy was amazing until I saw he was painting the same portrait over and over again.


This guy was sitting on the street. After I took the picture of him he became furious with me. He screamed "How dare you take a picture of me. How rude." As I walked away I thought, "If you have tattoos on your face and a snake around your neck, don't be surprised if people take pictures of you."

I walked and walked every single day after my business meetings. There was so much to see. I actually put holes in the heels of my socks. I think I bought them at Walmart. Curse you Walmart!

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

I nominate this posting as the greatest post ever posted on any blog in the entire world that ever existed. Eric is so amazing that women weep in his presence and children bow down.