Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Los Altos and Hot Pot City

Eric, Max and I got to go see our Uncle George and Aunt Joan...here we are walking in downtown Los Altos. Is this not the cutest picture, EVER? I think it really captures the essence of childhood happiness.
Joan, Max and George.
Aren't they a cute pair?!
I was so worried about Max breaking Joan's beautiful necklace...the words, 'you break it, you bought it' kept running through my mind.
They treated us to a wonderful lunch and even better company. George heckled our waiter in his charming way and got us some free soup! One of my favorite parts of the visit was hearing a few of his Navy stories.
We walked around Los Altos after lunch and Max found a friend.
Earlier, while in See's candy picking up some chocolate for George and Joan, I also picked up a lollipop for myself. I decided to let Max try a lick...he really took to it, as you can see! It almost looked like he was going to gag himself on it. He's going to be a candy lover like his mother!
Later that day, my parents treated me, Eric, Peter and Kristina to Eric's favorite type of restaurant, an all-you-can-eat hot pot.
We also celebrated Eric's belated birthday with a Chinatown sponge cake. It was a quick visit, but we'll be back in a few months for my brother's wedding.

3 comments:

stina said...

Love that first picture of Max. Too cute! When are you going to be back? Where and how long are you staying? Hoping to get together again sometime....

Phillips Family said...

Max is getting so big. Time flies. Were you at chuck-o-rama?

Annie said...

I miss George and Joan!