Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Time at home...


It's been fun hanging out with my fam...we decided to make shui jiao's from scratch...
Here we are making the wrappers with flour and water...there was a little confusion as to the type of flour, as flour is flour in English, but in Chinese, there's rice flour, which is flour...wheat flour which is our unbleached wheat flour and bleached wheat flour which is our flour...and don't even get me started on the whole shallot, onion, scallion, leeks, spring onion and chives conversation we had!


Here we are rolling the dough...wrapping the stuffing...and the finished product!



Peter and Kristina enjoying the fruits of their labor!!!
This is a blanket my mom and I made...I got the 49er's fabric for $2.00 at Walmart (because it was a remnant) and couldn't bear the thought of spending more than a few dollars to finish the blanket...so, we scoured the fabric shops and found this remnant for just a few dollars and voila...a fully sewn blanket for the babe!!!!

Since we had an Up themed party, we had to take the Max-ers to the inspiration behind it...Fenton's Ice Creamery. It was so surreal going to my home town...I had half expected Piedmont to have imploded upon my graduation. It really is a lovely little town.

2 comments:

ericphil said...

I'm excited I get to see you guys soon. I've missed you the last week.

eric

Meradith said...

Fun stuff! Making things from scratch always tastes better. I bet the cooking when you're at home is phenomenal. When do you guys get back?