Friday, June 12, 2009

Burberry, Bears, Baked Goods & Boba!

I have been trying to get Eric to ditch some of his seminar...and even though we found out lots of other people have, Eric has stayed for every single meeting...he's such a boy scout (Eagle Scout to be precise) and it's really something that I love about him. He's just not a fudger, he stays well within the lines...that's his style...so, while Eric has been hard at work, I have been given free reign to play as I please...and as I am not a huge Disneyland fan, I decided to go see one of my old roommates, Robin in West Hollywood.

Robin has always been someone I looked up to...you know when you were a kid and you saw a beautiful woman walk by or as an eighth grader, you would see the cool high school kids? That's how I feel about Robin, not that she's older, just so much wiser and cooler.

Anyway, we haven't seen each other in about 4-5 years!!!! Here is a picture of the Burberry Lamb comfort blanket she gave Max. Boy does he LOVE it...he slept with it all night!!! Here are some cupcakes she bought for me...from the same place Katie Holmes buys her cupcakes!!! The one that looks like an ice cream cone is filled with homemade marshmallow!!!

This was a cute stuffed animal she had...random...but funny!


Here she is holding Max! He was so happy...all of my in-laws have lighter hair, so I think he assumed I was holding him while he tugged on the long dark hair...the moment after I took this picture, he looked at me, then at Robin, then at me and back to Robin...then the water works...it was so sad but so darn stinkin' cute!!!
We went to Chinatown to get some grub and saw this stuffed bear in a toy shop...I was going to buy it for Max to take pictures with...until the sales woman (or should I say anti-sales woman) advised us not to buy it as the story of the bear is about a woman and child who find this curious looking bear and take it home to be their pet...one day, the bear attacked the baby and almost killed the mother while she tried to rescue her child (notice the claws)...WOW! We didn't really know what to say after that...apparently, the maker of the stuffed animal is an animal activist...
We just left...
Here we are having bubble drinks...mmmm boba!!! Robin is the best and I was happy and sad to see her... happy to remember all the fun we used to have and had on that day...sad that we waited so long to do it!!!

No comments: