Thursday, September 11, 2008

Family Happiness...

I am grateful for the wonderful and unexpected ways Heavenly Father shows His love and his constant attention to us. In unexpected ways, He gently reminds us that there is more to life than just ourselves. Life, fully experienced, in fact, ought to have little to do with just ourselves. Nothing has reminded me more of Christ’s mission and life than partaking of this glorious process of creating another life.
Dorian Gray can have his beauty and youth, I want to be with my family forever…which will be welcoming a new baby BOY soon (the doctor says with an 85-95% surety)!!!
People have always criticized the church for it’s uniformity and often “cookie cutter like families,” I guess my response to that thought would be to quote Leo Tolstoy’s first line in Anna Karenina, “All happy families resemble one another, but each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.”

4 comments:

stina said...

Congrats!! How exciting!

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

That is great! Congrats! I can't wait for little Homer to come :)

Annie said...

A boy is going to be so much fun. We are so excited for you.

Jill said...

Congrats! I love boys! They will keep you busy!