Thursday, July 3, 2008

Jell-o CAKE!!!


Some of you might remember an older post I had telling of the glorious snack that is, “JELLO POPCORN.” Well, I have a new one for those of you who wrote of your new found love for it…I now introduce, “Jell-o Cake.” I try to make people cakes for their birthdays. As is tradition, I always let them pick out the cake they want…sometimes you find exciting new combinations (for instance, Carrot Cake with chocolate frosting…a surprisingly complementary combination)…and other times you know that it will be the only time you ever make it (pistachio crème cake with peanut butter frosting….not good…not good at all!)…and every once in a while you stumble on a real winner (case in point: Jell-o Cake). Pictured are me and my friend Delmar (the nicest man in the world- next to Eric) with the cake he requested for his birthday. It is very simple…you use any white cake recipe you have, bake it and then pour Jell-o over it….in this case I used a bundt cake pan with a more pound cake like recipe, Lime Jell-o and topped it off with fresh whipped cream…man, was it SO GOOD…REFESHING was the word everybody used…anyway…you should all try it if you liked the Jell-o Popcorn. I’ve decided that I am going to use it as a family tradition…maybe St. Patty’s Day.

Oh, if any of you are looking for a great way to mess with someone at work, I have the perfect little trick- maybe it’s elementary for most of you…but for me, it caused quite the commotion. So, after I ate a large watermelon wedge at my desk for breakfast today I noticed that it leaked all over my desk. So as to reduce stickiness, I decided to get out the cleaning solution and really clean my desk…since I was already cleaning, I thought I’ll quickly wipe down my keyboard…now, I realize a smarter person would have thought to lock their keyboard…but really, it was a quick wipe and did not think it would do much….much to my chagrin…my email preferences were all changed and more importantly my screen was completely up-side down…even Mike the IT guy couldn’t get it figured out for about half an hour….so, long story short…you just right click on the desktop, go to graphic option, rotation and click on 180 degrees…it’ll at least frustrate whoever you do it to…even if it’s just for a short moment!

No comments: