Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Snow Sucks!!!

Earlier this week I took some of my young women to the landfill (Kemmerer may not have a Wal-Mart or a second grocery store,…but don’t worry your pretty little head off, it’s got plenty of bars and it’s very own landfill) as part of our service project. Well, call me naïve, but up until college, I didn’t know they existed. I honestly believed that while we as a nation consume far beyond that of other nations and well beyond our needs, we recycled, reduced and reused…we were still pretty much in balance with Mother Nature…oh that innocent thought was brutally squashed as we cleaned in the landfill. Our main job was to bag up the trash that had been blown away and stuck onto the bordering fence. Two hours and fifty bags later, I decided I am totally o.k. with being a tree hugging Californian. Man, we found diapers and diapers and diapers…and lots of police reports (which all the girls seemed to like to read), cigarette boxes, drug paraphernalia, and pizza boxes. So, what I gathered is we have people who are getting arrested a lot, waste a lot, smoke “cigarettes” a lot, eat a lot of crap and have babies…right on…it’s like the proclamation to the family is crumbling right before my eyes.

So, I totally derailed, the whole point of that story was to say that I wore my brown jacket to the landfill and as it has been an eternal plight to get our washing machine hooked up, I was without my normal jacket this morning. So, I decided that I wanted to wear a "light-weight jacket". After about half an hour I realized that I was running late for work and that I do not own one. So, I put on own of my snow boarding jackets and went out the door…and to my amazement…this is what I saw….



3 comments:

Phillips Family said...

Number 1 - Your landfill story describes 90% of wyoming.

Number 2 - Snow in June just plain sucks.

Number 3 - I need ham fried rice...hee hee hee

Annie said...

Nasty. I can't believe that it snowed! These are the times that I am not sad to be in the muggy hot Ohio. Way to go on the service though! Bryan asked if you found his complete 1990 subscription to Popular Mechanics while you were at the dump.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Hey! I DID find that subscription... and it was attached to a police report, something about selling baby powder as cocainne to get through medical school? Just kidding!

Hey, Adam...this weekend, Ham Fried rice?