Saturday, June 15, 2013

DisneyLand Trip 2013- Day one

Max got to have his the big 0-4 at Disneyland, the catch was that he had to wake up at 4 in the morning to catch our flight!
He was so happy to be at Disneyland...the only problem with his happiness, as everyone soon figured out...is that he has no fear and would wander off without warning...wow, say that a few times...wander off without warning...
This is a more accurate picture of what people saw of Max!
 
We were lucky enough to be able to meet up with some dear friends...Katie has several connections to us..she also went to high school with Eric's sister's husband.
 
It was so much fun to walk around Disneyland...Max got special treatment, since he had his, "It's my birthday" badge...he, his Grandma (Julie) and Elvis all share Jan 8th (or January Eight as Max says it) as their birthday...it's definitely a day I celebrate and am thankful for two wonderful people in my life!!!
 
Some pictures I love, this is a picture we also took with Max when we first took him!
I think Max was about 6 months at t his time...so cute!
 
I rarely get pictures with Annie...so, this was fun to talk with her while waiting in line
 
 
I love this because Jim bought all the grand kids Churros and I made them unsheathe them and say, "Titan" if you've ever seen Megamind, you will know what this is reference to.
 
Some Phillips Sibling love...*minus Eric.  

While Max certainly enjoyed having his birthday at Disneyland...there was dark cloud in his otherwise bright day...Jedi training...
We were all excited...I, however,  had been warned and made it a point, with the help and advise of my experienced sister-in-law, Jody, to get there early and get a front row seat...

Not only did we reserve our seats hours in advance..

I did all I could to make our party known...to to butter up the "Jedi trainers" who will from hence forth be referred to as, "evil heartless child dream ruin-ers."
You should have seen the slow decent into heartbreak as Max watched each of his cousins picked for Jedi training while he was left only to watch as they performed...now I know how the poor suckers on the Bachelor who have no idea that they are not receiving a rose feel...if there were a candid cam...I would have been bawling...
Here is Julia, Brooke, Hanky, Dylan and Na-na each in their Jedi trained glory...
 

And to my cute son's credit...while his emotions are evident on his pain stricken face, he didn't cry or pitch a fit...which broke my heart all the more!!! All-in-all, it was a stupendous day and a great birthday for Max!!! Thank you, Jim & Julie, it was such a great birthday!!!

1 comment:

stina said...

Looks like tons of fun!! Miss you, friend! When will we get to hang out again? :)