Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A kiss from Aimei


When I was working on campus at UC Davis they had an opportunity for employees to submit their recipes and if they decided to incorporate one of your recipes, you got to name it and help expand the recipe to be made on a massive scale...so, my Chinese Eggplant was chosen and I named it 'A kiss from Aimei.' when asked why I chose that name...I had several explanations; food is eaten with the mouth and is a little sign of love from the chef...also that's what I would name a restaurant/Bakery if I ever owned one (which I never would) but honestly, I chose that name because every time someone ordered it, I thought it would be so wonderful to hear them say either,
"I want a big kiss from Aimei," 
or
"I want a small kiss from Aimei." 
Either way it would make my heart happy!

 I know a lot of people don't, but I love the smells of food cooking in a home
 ...it's hard to really allow the kids to help when it comes to chopping and cooking with raw meats and knives, though my kids love to try!
...but baking is a different story entirely...these were part of the dark dark chocolate cookies in the care package we sent my mom for her birthday.

 Here is Kiri showing off our extra long Key lime cheesecake filled banana bread! MMMM
Everyone got their own aprons...even baby d...it's sad that Max isn't pictured here (he was at school) because he has become my best little sous chef and taste tester!!! One day your spouses will be thankful you are all such good little cooks!

1 comment:

stina said...

That sounds so good! And those cookies - wow! Send me the recipe! :)