Sunday, February 8, 2015

Max turns 6!

 Max turned six this year!
 My mom surprised him and came to visit after Christmas and stayed until his birthday...his birthday spoils
 I love this kid!!!
 His teacher Mrs. Lewis is so great...every week I go volunteer in his class & I take something that I can use at home...she's just so clever!!!
One of the things she does on each students' birthday is that they get a whole poster filled out at home about them and the other classmates get to go over it with the birthday student...then if treats are brought (what cruel parent doesn't bring treats on their child's birthday) the birthday student gets to request the song sung in any style (Max chose Chinese, which the other kids vetoed!) and then the birthday student gets to stand on the chair and after they are sung to, gets to take the first bite. I think Max thoroughly L-O-V-E-D it.
 This kid still loves Ben 10..so he requested green Pistachio cupcakes with Pistachios/Almond custard

 I have a shockingly similar picture of me in preschool...
 Then, a week later, we had his birthday party at the legacy gym...I am in love with these parties where there is a finite amount of space, time and activities you can take up for the party, the parents can freely drop off their kids and can pick them up knowing they will have been watched, fed and exhausted...and there's no mess in your home to clean afterwards!!
Everything was green, silver and black for Ben 0 which worked out alright because all of the stores were clearance-ing out all of the Christmas items...I just have a lot of red candy and paper items left over!
It was a Nerf Gun party and the instructor was a man who was so spectacular with the kids and really was passionate about Nerf Guns...the kids had a blast! I took a few shots of each child that would let me...
 Teag!
 Max & Leah
 Faith & Max
 Will!
 Ty!!!
Caleb!!!
 Carter!
 Tahlia!
 Brinlee!
 Andy man!!!

One of Max's favorite parts of his birthday: presents!!! He made a haul this year...I think I say that after each holiday or birthday...so much more than I ever dreamed of when I was growing up! I was most pleased with how much fun Max and his friends had and that Max felt loved. He is without a doubt the happiest, sweetest, most clever and imaginative boy I have the honor of knowing and raising...he already helps  his sisters pray and reminds me to have family scripture study, he is so eager to please everyone and forgives in a heartbeat, we LOVE him so much and can not imagine our family without this boy!!!!

1 comment:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

What a fun birthday party!