Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Looking back at the times I laughed...

A really popular quote my senior year was, " I always knew I would look back at the times I cried and laugh, but I never knew I would look back at the times I laughed and cry." While I'm not a big supporter of public crying... I viscerally felt the adage after reminiscing with some of my dearest friends. Here Sarah, Tamara and I are recreating a picture we took about three years ago.

Maddie (Sarah's oldest) wanted in on the action.
Curtis, Tamara' husband being Curty with Max. It's unfair to refer Curtis as Tamara's husband, as we were friends first...in fact, we all met in college while single, so we were all friends before any of us were married. That's something I've really cherished about these friends...with all of the sexual politics and proprieties, I don't think I really even know most of my current friends' spouses well enough to not need a buffer.


Here's my dad being silly...he put Max on the lazy Susan.


It was like old times...here we are before our amazing dinner.

Another night, we all went out with my brother and his fiance Kristina and her family...

It was so much good food...quality...that's one thing I really miss about California!

I'm not sure why people like to torture poor Max...but here he is in the trunk of my uncle's car...he was only in there for about 15 seconds...but it does make for a funny picture!

Since Eric and I had to leave Thanksgiving morning in order to make the Eldridge Thanksgiving...my parents made Thanksgiving the night before...my dad carving the turkey

...back in Utah..Max and Linzie...they were born one day apart...obviously fascinated with one another!

Carli and Chuck..oh, young love!!!

It was also Becky's birthday and Wendy made this AMAZING cake!


Thanksgiving was all I could have hoped for and more..it was filled with family,friends, food and fun times...everything that I am so thankful for!

1 comment:

Jill said...

They don't have "quality" food in Kemmerer?